Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Professor Style

Breakin' in out the plaid!

This professorial plaid jacket is one of my absolute items. I’ve had it for years, and I found it at a thrift store in Kalispell, Montana, where I didn't pay more than $3 for it!
I wore it all throughout college and then kind of forgot about it during grad school, but I made sure to pack it so that I could bring it back to my regular wardrobe here on the Asian continent!


Unlike most of my blazers, this jacket has two buttons instead of just one. I’m a full-busted gal, so I usually try to leave one un-buttoned to keep my torso looking proportionate.


Today I’ve paired it with my black jeans and riding boots to try to stay casual since the jacket evokes such an academic air. Underneath is a sleeveless white button-down I found at Marshall's.

Besides hand-me-down pajamas, this is the only plaid I own!


I'm wearing simple, feminine accessories to round out this rather masculine look. Just simple CZ studs, my Anne Klein watch, and brass and leather belt (from a yard sale- $1!).

Off to an early class, then tutoring, then English club, then more tutoring.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment