Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Report

Over-dressed for yesterday's spiritual/cultural experience!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to experience an authentic Armenian Orthodox Easter! I very carefully selected a flattering yet conservative outfit, though it later turned out that I really over-thought it. Heels were a baaaaaaad idea- we were on our feet for over two hours, and bent down and knelt a couple of times, too.
 My Armenian BFF informed me that I needed to bring a scarf to cover my head while inside the church, so I picked this one to go with my outfit (though tried to be discrete- it has writing from the Qur'an on it!).
 Wasn't sure at first if I was supposed to wear it á la Mother Teresa or what.
 A lot of women were wearing theirs like this:
 For ease of bending and kneeling and what not I wrapped it a little tighter, which a lot of the women with longer scarves did.
 Springy Hairstyle
My hair was uncovered for most of the day, so I thought I'd try a favorite of mine, this playful braid across my head. It's really easy to do- just take a section of your hair from the back, braid it, and pin it across your head. I did two braids, one from either side.

Went for a little color in my earrings today!


Dusty Pink Pleated Skirt- Target
Grey 3/4 Length Tee- Forever 21
Nude Franco Sarto Pumps- TJ Maxx
50% Cashmere/ 50% Silk Scarf- Grand Bazaar, Istanbul, Turkey
Beaded Earrings- Little old lady in Saraguro, Ecuador (Andes Mountains)

P.S. I don't have a work outfit today because it's an Armenian holiday! 

2 comments: