Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Armenian-Ness

Armenian jewelry time!
  

See my birthday bouquets?! I have the greatest friends and family


You can see I'm back to boots today, despite it being officially flats/pumps season (Remember how I was waiting? The time finally came over the weekend). My feet and ankles weren't as ready for the transition as the rest of me, so I'm giving them a recovery day.


I received this amazing necklace from one of my Armenian friends yesterday and I am so excited to wear it! I wanted a neutral kind of outfit so that I could let it take center stage. You can see that I'm pairing it with the same earrings I wore yesterday- I thought they worked really well together!


I was really hoping to find some traditional Armenian jewelry before the school year is over, so this was a very special gift for me. My friend tells me that the green stones are tiny shards of Armenian emerald, and the metal is also mined in Armenia. The spirals are the ancient Armenian symbol for eternity.


Black Cardigan- Zara
Black Skinny Jeans- Target
Sleeveless White Button-down- Marshall's
MIA Riding Boots- TJ Maxx
Earrings- Artifacts Gallery
Necklace- Birthday present from Armenia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment