Monday, March 11, 2013

Gram-Glam

Today's outfit was inspired by a bit of nostalgia I've been having for my grandmother.

She was not your average Gram. Well into her 70s she wore knee-high, high-heeled boots and horn-rimmed glasses with rhinestones.
Her hair was so long, it reached her lower back, and she wore it piled on top of her head in a chic sock bun.
In other words, she was FABULOUS.
So when I found this sweater that reminded me of her at a thrift store in Scotland, I had to buy it. I have been using it to channel her style ever since.
I'm sure she owned some real Chanel in her lifetime, but I'm fine settling for a £9- knock-off.
 
She had some boots very similar to these.


Simple gold hoops and a wrapped faux-pearl strand.
I opted for a low bun today- it was just easier given that I straightened my hair over the weekend.

Chanel-inspired Cardigan- Thrifted in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Black Skinny Jeans- Target in Ohio.
Grey T-shirt: Forever 21 in Pentagon Mall, D.C.
Jessica Simpson Boots- Marshall's in Ohio.
Faux-Pearl Necklace- Purchased online as part of a roaring 20s costume!
Gold Hoops- Bead store in NYC.
Silver Spoon Ring- Family heirloom (mom's side, originally purchased by Gram!).

No comments:

Post a Comment