Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hearts for Spring

 A lot of black, white, and red outfits this week :/ ...guess I'm just feelin' it!
 Yesterday was officially the first day of spring, and I'm starting to feel it here in Armenia.
The true sign of spring that I'm waiting for is when women will switch from high-heeled boots to just plain high-heels. I'm waiting to see some ankles before I break out my pumps! Don't want to break any unwritten modacultural* rules here!
So in anticipation of my favorite season, hearts for spring!
I bought these earrings last weekend at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul! I bought them thinking of Valentine's day, but why not wear them now?
And to complete the look: a simple cardi and my go-to "Teacher Bag".

Hearts Front-Tie Blouse- Target
Red Skinny Jeans- Target
Black Boyfriend Cardi- Zara
Bueno Teacher Bag- Marshall's
Copper Heart Earrings- Grand Baazar, Istanbul
Black Jessica Simpson Boots- Marshall's

Today I'm linking up to "What I Wore to Work" at Mix and Match Fashion. Click on the button below to see Tara's fab work outfit, and many others!



*Modaculture is a made up word, though I know it's not very creative! I use it to mean the culture of fashion. There are many things I encounter while working in a foreign country that just can't be described accurately in English! Luckily I don't take myself too seriously to completely make up words for my own whimsy. Feel free to start using it!

3 comments:

  1. Great outifit. Love the heart top with the red pants. Visiting from the link up. I'm also hosting a link up next thursday March 28 on my blog. HOpe to see you there.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through Tara's linkup, and am a new follower on GFC. =) I just love this shade of red, and the heart pattern on your blouse is so cute! I would love it if you have a chance to check out my blog, too.

    Avec Amber

    Thanks so much!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! You blog is fabulous. Looking forward to following your adventures :)

      Delete